Thursday, May 27, 2010

Arcade Skateboards - Mission Statement


There was a time in skateboarding when 20 years old was too old to be in the game. I remember turning 20 and saying to myself, “Ok, now what do I do?” I had turned pro for a company called H-Street at 16. It was the biggest company in the world at the time but skateboarding was about to shit the bed.

I had just completed a video part. It was just awful. Koston had his first part in the video. Somehow, I had last part. Sorry Eric. I didn’t understand it either. But at that point, I guess you could say I was their top-tier type pro. Or so I’m told. I would fly to Europe, do well in the contests (when that sort of thing still mattered a tad) then I would return home to a couch I rented for $150. For a few years that was the extent of pro skateboarding. At least for me. I think it was the summer of 1993.

- Jason Rogers

You gotta read the whole thing... good stuff. I was on the H-Street teet for many years in the late 80's and early 90's but never owned anything Arcade. Sounds like they are on a good path in this second phase with some of the best wood in the business. Image from Skateboarding is...

No comments: